- Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not pics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendliest (or friends friends, or just random journals, or holiday_wishes/wish_list) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
My Yuletide List
1. My family's most original tradition's during this time is the Christmas Mouse (who brings you new pjs and slippers on Christmas Eve) and a recipe for an amazing Cranberry Orange Bread. Pass down a tradition or recipe that is a hallmark in your family to me this year; either as making me apart of it or simply telling me about it.
2. I truly love getting Christmas cards in the mail every year. This more even more than most, and thus this would be a really lovely thing this year. I've grown to love mail time and I would love to hear from my loved ones and from anyone who happens to run across this. And I could toss them up all over my walls in my tiny apartment. Just some kind of warm, wishful thing. It could even be just a copied lines of quote or poetry or movie or a secret. Anything. I would truly, deeply love this.
3. Tea! And tea, and more tea. I love tea. Love, love, love. I love black tea and green tea and white tea and red tea and loose tea and bagged tea and flowering tea. I love tea pots and tea cups and tea balls and tea related paraphernalia I haven't even found out yet. I would love to get tea, if you'd be willing to share a few packets of your favorite brand or a few packets of whatever you've got around that didn't work for you. I love trying all sorts of tea, and even have an Adagio Tea Wishlist with things like the Air Zodiac, Body & Soul, Fairytales sets.
4. Dark chocolate, both candy and cocoa. I'm not a big fan of the generics, but I do, honestly, pretty much love everything and anything that has ever been touching with dark chocolate. Every single flavor and concoction. It makes me all sorts of happy, and I like to keep it on hand above my fridge all year when I can.
5. Something random that combines blue and silver. Or dragons. Or Unconditional Love. Or soft. Or scarves. Or fingerless gloves/mittens. Or rainbow colors all together. It can be combined with anything after that and be in any format. Feel free to do anything that comes to mind from online to solid objects. Go crazy and enjoy.
6. Comic/Sci-Fi/Geeky shirts and crazy socks have been winners at the LJ Christmas lists before this one, as well. I'm still a big fan of comic shirts and crazy socks. I'm a size medium in girl-cut shirts, and I fell in love with some aloe/shea crazy socks someone sent last yet. I slept in the Death of Endless Shirt I was gifted two years back for ages before moving here, too.
7. Earrings worked best last year and have all through all the year on lists. They are still my random thing focus at the moment. I love common to bohemian to fancy, but I rarely spend more than three dollars on a pair of earrings. Ever. I really would like to have more of a collection of them though, especially dangly types because that is the kind I have the least of. If you're doing this one, feel free to even choose a set you might not be wearing as much anymore over buying a set. After all, they're new to me either way.
8. Care package seems to be a big thing on everyone's list this year, and I've never done one of those yet in all my years. So sure, care package! Whatever you think sounds like an awesome idea. Any content, any size, any theme, or none, about where you live or whatever you like, or whatever plain 'ol inspires you. Just feel free to surprise me!
9. Anything poetry related. I can never have enough poetry and I've let it go lately, so I'd really, really love anything related to poetry, from books to single poems to stickers, to anything, anything, anything you can think of. I'd just love to fall back into this a little more ending this year and going into the next.
10. Lj Fairying paid time or more icons is never unloved. Especially at the accounts for (DW and LJ) & (DW).
You can e-mail me if you'd like at Wanderlustlover [at] gmail [dot] com, or my best friend, Laura, at Aria.Marier [at] gmail [dot] come. Please put "Holiday Wishes" in the subject line. If it's to my best friend, you may want to use a small reminder of where you're from.
[This entry was originally posted at http://wanderlustlover.dreamwidth.org/2303824.html. Comment on either at your leisure.]